top navigation menu

Daniel Gerzo danger at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 6 07:31:40 UTC 2009

Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> I'm not a great fan of things jumping out, so I can't say that I am
> overly excited about javascript menus.  But don't let that hold you
> back.  If you can "polish" the menus as Simon noted, then it's probably
> fine.

Note, that this implementation is javascript free, and it is done in
pure CSS. As of polishing, I think someone with more design foo will be
needed :)

> The bullets stand out a bit too much, IMO, too.  But "bullets vs. bars"
> is another case of bikeshed coloring, so it's not terribly important
> either.

See my response to Marc. I switched back to bars and found a way to fix
IE6 problem. Test with http://people.freebsd.org/~danger/FreeBSD/

> I am ambivalent about the "New to FreeBSD" vs. "Make Donation".  They
> are both important, and it is a bit difficult to decide which one we
> should push more aggressively.

I'm not sure about this one too. However we can postpone this change and
make it later when you guys make a decision. The diff at
http://people.freebsd.org/~danger/menu.diff doesn't include this change.

--
S pozdravom / Best regards
   Daniel Gerzo, FreeBSD committer