Handbook Chapter 10 Linux Binary Compatibility

Leslie Jensen leslie at eskk.nu
Fri Jan 23 18:52:17 UTC 2009

Hello

I'm new on this list, tried to follow the handbook instruction on how to
enable  Linux Binary Compatibility.

It didn't work very well and I gave up on it.

(I tried to install /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-f8)

Then I found the following link on freebsd-questions mailing list

http://crnl.org/blog/2008/11/01/flash-9-for-freebsd-71

and it describes how to install the  linux_base-f8 in a way that works.

I was just wondering if it should be updated in the handbook now that
things has changed with FreeBSD 7.1 or if linux-base-fc4 still is the
official version.

Thanks

/Leslie