docs/130895: No man page installed for padlock(4) on amd64 sytstem (Via Nano processor)

Patrick Lamaizière patfbsd at davenulle.org
Thu Jan 22 18:50:05 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR docs/130895; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Patrick =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Lamaizi=E8re?= <patfbsd at davenulle.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: docs/130895: No man page installed for padlock(4) on amd64
 sytstem (Via Nano processor)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:42:00 +0100

 > The man page for padlock(4) wasn't installed on a new system that I
 > built up last night.
 >
 > It's a VIA VB8001, running -CURRENT amd64.
 >
 > At a guess it's absence might be explained by padlock historically
 > only existing on 32 bit platforms?  The man page source is available
 > at:
 >
 >   /usr/src/share/man/man4/man4.i386/padlock.4

 Yes because. The padlock(4) driver is built only on i386.

 > >Fix:
 >
 > Possibly just moving the man page source to
 >
 >   /usr/src/share/man/man4/padlock.4

 That's not enought to make it built on amd64.

 We should include it (at least) in sys/conf/files.amd64
 and sys/modules/Makefile

 The good question is does the actual padlock work on the via nano
 processor?