[RFC] A Handbook Section on Updating the Documentation Set

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue Jan 6 19:51:38 UTC 2009

On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 20:10:41 +0100, Gabor PALI <pgj at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>Daniel Gerzo wrote:
>>Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>>> http://people.freebsd.org/~pgj/patches/2008/12/27/updating-upgrading-documentation.patch.diff
>>> Ping...  Any news about this patch?
>>
>> I think we are now waiting untill docsnap.sk.freebsd.org will be
>> online again after its failure due to its update (should hopefully
>> happen tommorrow).
>
> Yes.  However, I could commit this patch to encourage
> docsnap.sk.freebsd.org to be online when the patch goes HTML :)

FWIW, I've pushed it to our WIP tree for the doc-el team, so it doesn't
get lost or forgotten until the naming of the docsnap server is resolved
and we can commit it to CVS:

  http://hg.hellug.gr/freebsd/doc-el/rev/2e56202ccb64

This way we will keep seeing the diff in the local changes every time me
and Manolis diff our local work with the imported CVS snapshots, so we
will be getting reminders now and then that "this is on the to-do list".