Omission in FreeBSD Handbook documentation (Jails/Application of)

Peter Maxwell peter at allicient.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 02:40:14 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've used the very useful guide at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/jails-application.html
to setup multiple jails on a server, and have just realised there is a
possible ommission (or something that's just been glossed over) in the
guide.

In section "15.6.1.4 Upgrading", it details how to perform an upgrade
and rebuild world for the jails.  Unfortunately, the "skeleton" file
set that was described in "15.6.1.2 Creating the Template" isn't
referenced and the skeleton files remain unchanged (these are the
template files for /etc and such like in the jail, and probably should
be updated).

Just thought that it should either be detailed, or warned about in the
docs.  I don't know how they are edited, but if you wish, I'm willing
to do the amendments.

Best wishes,

Peter