[FR]Lien mort sur install-pre (floppies)

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 21 04:01:59 UTC 2009

>Bonjour,
>Sur http://www.freebsd.org/doc/fr/books/handbook/install-pre.html , un lien
>indiqué (
>ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/8.0-RELEASE/floppies/) est
>mort.

>Cordialement,
>Pierre-Yves Le Borgne

Bonjour.  Sorry, my French is terrible.  But I will reply in English
-- hopefully you may still find it useful.  If you are just
complaining about the stale documentation, then you should file a
Problem Report or at least send an email message to the
doc at FreeBSD.org.  If you need to find disk images, then be advised
that the floppy disks are no longer being built for some architectures
by the release engineering team:

http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=188437

The images that are still being built can be found for i386 at:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/8.0/

or the corresponding directories for other architectures.

If you need floppies, you can still build them on a FreeBSD system by
setting MAKE_FLOPPIES=yes when making a release.  You may even be able
to persuade the release engineering team to build them if there are
enough people who still want them.

Cordially,
                 b.