Article for review

Rene Ladan rene at freebsd.org
Sun Aug 30 16:04:34 UTC 2009

Daniel Gerzo schreef:
> Hello guys,
>
> I am seeking for documentation, language and grammar review for a new
> article describing steps required to use custom gcc from ports. The
> article has been written by mm@ and I have just sgml-fied it. As both
> Martin and me are not native english speakers, I would like someone to
> review it before I do the commit. It has gone through a quick review
> already, but an additional work may be still required.
>
> The diff is available at:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~danger/custom-gcc.diff
>
> Built version is available at:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~danger/gcc.html

I just read through the prebuilt version, which looks fine to me (I'm not
native English either).  Maybe you can replace gcc{43,44,45} with
{previous,current,development} as much as possible so that the article doesn't
need an update each time a new GCC version is released?

It looks like it's worth to install gcc44 on my almost 3 year old Intel T5600
laptop to benefit from the SSE3 instructions :-)

Regards,
Rene
--
http://www.rene-ladan.nl/

GPG fingerprint = ADBC ECCD EB5F A6B4 549F  600D 8C9E 647A E564 2BFC (subkeys.pgp.net)