Cannot create a new IO::Tty from fd 4: Bad file descriptor

Swaprava Nath swnath at cisco.com
Thu Apr 2 13:38:40 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Since my perl scripts were not running properly, I reinstalled the perl
modules after deinstalling the older version. Now, even the scripts which
were running with the older version of the perl modules stopped working. The
error messages are as shown below:

========== TEST 1 ==========
./LLA_DADSuccess.seq -pkt LLA_SAA.def -log 1.HTML -it "Address
Autoconfiguration and Duplicate Address Detection"
Start Capturing Packets (Link0)
*** Target initialization phase ***
Wait 15 second
Cannot create a new IO::Tty from fd 4: Bad file descriptor at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/V6evalRemote.pm line 582
reboot_async.rmt returned status 9
*** Target testing phase ***
==========================
===================================
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/V6evalRemote.pm line 582 is:

$Remote = Expect->spawn("$TermCmd");
Can you please let me know what is the problem here? I searched in Google
and found one discussion forum:
http://kerneltrap.org/index
php?q=mailarchive/freebsd-bugs/2008/11/17/4144314 , which reports similar
issue.

if this is a problem with the latest version of the perl modules, how should
I go back to the older version?

Thanks in advance,

Swaprava