A patch for the 'geom' chapter

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Tue Nov 25 07:55:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 06:26:54 +0200, Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hiroki Sato wrote:
>> Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr at gmail.com> wrote
>>   in <492B2D8C.4090807 at gmail.com>:
>>
>> so> After our discussion, here again is the "second take" of this patch:
>> so>
>> so> http://people.freebsd.org/~manolis/geom.txt
>>
>>  One thing:
>>
>> +   Permanent labels can be created with the <command>tunefs</command>
>> +   or <command>newfs</command> commands.  They will then be created
>>
>>  I think the &man.tunefs.8; and &man.newfs.8; are better than
>>  <command>foo</command> here.
>
> True, will change these.

I just finished reading the new patch.  Excellent work :)

Just a minor point that may make the gjournal parts friendlier to mirror
admins.  You don't have to hardcode `www.freebsd.org' or the path to the
gjournal article into the Handbook.

This part:

+      Please refer to the article <ulink
+	url="http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/gjournal-desktop">Implementing UFS Journaling on a Desktop PC</ulink>
+      for detailed instructions on this task.</para>

Can be written as:

+      Please refer to the article <ulink
+	 url="&url.articles.gjournal-desktop;">Implementing UFS Journaling on
+        a Desktop PC</ulink> for detailed instructions on this task.</para>

I have updated `doc/share/sgml/urls.ent' to include URL entities for our
current set of articles, including gjournal-desktop, so if you update
from CVS the patch should build fine either way.

Patch approved by me too.