Add a Splash Screen Section to the Handbook?

Daniel Seuffert DS at praxisvermittlung24.de
Thu Nov 20 14:20:12 UTC 2008

Gabor PALI wrote:
> Dear members,
>

> A few days ago we received a generous contribution from Joseph J.
> Barbish on using splash screens in FreeBSD [1].  Initially, it started
> as a fix for the FAQ, but after I suggested Joe to insert the
> descriptive part of his work into the Handbook, he offered an entire
> section for referencing from the FAQ.
>
> He recommended to put this section into Chapter 3 ("UNIX Basics"), but I
> would like to receive some comments on this before I start to integrate
> it into that chapter.  (Do you think it is needed, if yes, it is a good
> place for that and so on.)  Of course, after it has been moved to the
> Handbook, it would shorten the corresponding FAQ entry to contain only
> the necessary references and to avoid unnecessary duplication of the
> content.
>

> Thank you for your comments in advance.

Dear Gabor,

thank you and Joseph for your work!

Please go for it, a lot of desktop users want it.

Chapter 3 seems appropriate for me.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some FreeBSD specific splash
screens in the artwork section or elsewhere and you mention
it in your section?  Maybe it would be good idea to ask
on advocacy for proposals?

Best regards, Daniel