cvs commit: doc/share/misc docbook.css

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Sun Nov 9 17:14:57 UTC 2008

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 09:45:51 +0100, Marc Fonvieille <blackend at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 04:24:47AM +0000, Chin-San Huang wrote:
>> chinsan     2008-11-09 04:24:47 UTC
>>
>>   FreeBSD doc repository
>>
>>   Modified files:
>>     share/misc           docbook.css
>>   Log:
>>   - Decorating BLOCKQUOTE box.
>>

> This is something we needed but we have to think about the colours and
> fix the layout for Notes.
>
> Let's compare both:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~blackend/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-config.html

Maybe something like this?

  http://people.freebsd.org/~keramida/bsd-css/2008.11.09/css.diff

I don't really like ``width: 800px;'' in our current stylesheet.  In
wide monitors, or with lagre font sizes, explicitly using pixels for the
width of document elements means that the reader may end up with stuff
like this screenshot:

  http://people.freebsd.org/~keramida/bsd-css/2008.11.09/css-bug.png

The current <screen> elements stand out too much for my taste too, so I
removed ``background-color: #DEE3E7;'' from <screen>, but added a border
(similar to the one of <note> elements) to <programlisting>.

You can see the effect of the stylesheet changes of `css.diff' in the
two sets of pages:

  [before]
  http://people.freebsd.org/~keramida/bsd-css/2008.11.09/css-old/install-pre.html
  http://people.freebsd.org/~keramida/bsd-css/2008.11.09/css-old/x-config.html

  [after]
  http://people.freebsd.org/~keramida/bsd-css/2008.11.09/css-new/install-pre.html
  http://people.freebsd.org/~keramida/bsd-css/2008.11.09/css-new/x-config.html

If these changes look ok, I can commit them some time later this week.