Possible missing word in the FreeBSD handbook online.

dhenscheid at cox.net dhenscheid at cox.net
Tue Nov 4 17:46:15 UTC 2008

To whom it may concern,

First off:
I have been pouring through the FreeBSD Handbook lately, and I believe there may be a missing word in one of the sections. On this page:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/tcpwrappers.html

one of the sentences in the first paragraph reads:

"While a firewall has a wide variety of uses, there are some things that a firewall not handle such as sending text back to the connection originator."

The sentence is a little confusing in the main sentence. "... there are some things that a firewall <<not>> handle..." Is this supposed to be "cannot", "should not", "will not", etc?

Second off:
Thank you very much for providing this handbook. It's been an invaluable tool for me and learning how FreeBSD works. It is well formatted, concise, and very easy to follow. I find the examples easy to understand and can set up FreeBSD on my laptop with minimal problems.

Regards,

Daniel