Mistake in the FreeBSD Handbook on geom

Lasse Brandt lasse at bitmand.dk
Fri May 23 08:49:23 UTC 2008

Hi there,

I think I might have found a mistake in the handbook - first off this
is the first time I try to setup geom, so there is a good chance that
I might miss something :)

I was following instructions on this page:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/geom-mirror.html

About half-way down it says:
"Now edit the replicated /mnt/etc/fstab file and remove or comment out
the swap file [1]. Change the other file system information to use the
new disk as shown in the following example:"

A little later you should reboot into single user mode and "At the
console, ensure that the system booted from the gm0s1a."

But I doubt that will ever happen - the handbook only tells me to
change /mnt/etc/fstab (which is the secondary disk) so when booting,
it will still use /etc/fstab (which hasn't changed).

After I changed /etc/fstab as well - everything worked fine :)

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen /
Cordialement / Szívélyes Üdvözlettel / مع وافر الإحترام والتقدير

http://www.bitmand.net/