For the Newbies

Mark Fowle mfowle at navicominc.com
Mon May 12 20:19:31 UTC 2008

Given you need to learn it, not just play with it, I'd recommend
starting with the hand book:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

A normal desk top install would use Disc 1-3

Boot only, only boots the computer to a FreeBSD kernel where you might
do a network install or some recovery functions.

Live FS is a Live Filesystem, It may allow you to run FreeBSD with out
overwriting what ever is already on the computer by booting the computer
with it in the CD drive.

What Languages? Hum, many. Most European and Asian languages. I'm not
the one to answer that question properly.