WYSIWYG editor for DocBook?

Joe Kraft jvk-list at thekrafts.org
Mon May 5 05:05:03 UTC 2008

I'm looking to break into the documentation writing/maintaining area and
have been looking through the recommended tools to do that.  I figure the
best way to break into it is to start writing some stuff for myself to
document how I maintain my system and such.  I'd like to do it in the same
style as the FreeBSD documentation to build up my comfort levels before
working with the real docs.

On the topic of editors, I'm wondering if there is a good editor that will
show a final-ish product based on the tags.  Perferably one that would
allow me to look at the tags directly also, but basically something that I
could just select the style I want it to come out in.

Way back when I was writing HTML, I used an editor called HotDog which had
similar features and I kind of liked that way of working.

Any thoughts, recommendations?

Joe.