docs/124253: Broken command in the handbook for configuring a wireless access point

Marc Fonvieille blackend at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jun 21 12:25:47 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 11:56:52AM +0000, danger at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Synopsis: Broken command in the handbook for configuring a wireless access point
>
> Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-doc->danger
> Responsible-Changed-By: danger
> Responsible-Changed-When: Sat Jun 21 11:56:41 UTC 2008
> Responsible-Changed-Why:
> Take

You should contact sam@ about this one.

According to r1.403
" Stick the ifconfig(8)'s inet part at the end of each command line.
  The inet setting does an implicit "up" to the interface before
  setting the rest of parameters leading sometimes to issues.  This is
  a bug, marking the interface up last is a workaround to that
  issue.  This change nothing to the doc since the parameters order
  should not be important, but may reduce the problems for the readers
  using cut&paste. [1]

[1] Requested by sam@"

So I wonder if it's really a doc problem.

--
Marc