Language support in jadetex?

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 18 05:48:47 UTC 2008

Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> wrote
  in <87wskptbb2.fsf at kobe.laptop>:

ke> I don't know if this is a FAQ, but I've been trying to find a way to
ke> create readable Greek PDF output with jadetex, and I'm kind of stuck
ke> there.
ke>
ke> The PDF file *is* created, but the Greek text is typeset with fonts that
ke> look likeISO 8859-1, so the text is unreadable.
ke>
ke> Does anyone know how I can tweak jadetex to use a different charset?
ke>
ke> A pointer to jadetex docs would be sufficient, but a quick search at
ke> Google didn't produce something that looks useful :-/

 Could you tell me what is needed for TeX to process Greek?  I am not
 familiar with Greek but I think it is possible to adjust JadeTeX to
 Greek if TeX is working with Greek text.  A sample .tex file in Greek
 and the typeset PDF would help.