docs/124306: ftpusers man page says /etc/ftpusers is mandatory to enable ftp access, but it's not

Clément Lavoillotte clement.lavoillotte at free.fr
Thu Jun 5 22:20:05 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR docs/124306; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Cl=E9ment_Lavoillotte?= <clement.lavoillotte at free.fr>
To: Remko Lodder <remko at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: docs/124306: ftpusers man page says /etc/ftpusers is mandatory to	enable ftp access, but it's not
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 23:53:43 +0200

 Hi,

 Ok sorry :)
 Perhaps it should be mentioned in this line that it only applies to =20
 lukemftpd ? It may be obvious for most users, but it wasn't for me =20
 since I didn't see "lukemftpd" anywhere in ftpusers(5) [nor in ftpd(8) =20=

 or the handbook ftpd page].
 I'm quite new to FreeBSD, so I may not have searched long enough, but =20=

 I think adding this note to the man page would help people like me to =20=

 figure out the difference (and not to pollute your PR db) :)

 Thanks for your time.

 Regards,
 Cl=E9ment

 Le 5 juin 08 =E0 22:32, Remko Lodder a =E9crit :