Frequently Asked Questions for FreeBSD 6.X and 7.X, Ready to Be Served

Gabor PALI pgj at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 24 00:00:50 UTC 2008

Dear Members,

I am to happy to announce that the FreeBSD FAQ has been renovated, and
it is almost ready for the everyday use.  Read it, use it and do not
forget to formulate Problem Reports if you find mistakes, typos, or you
have ideas on improving its content, layout and so on.  I hope other
committers will help me to keep the FAQ updated and tuned further.
(Watch out, FreeBSD Wiki!)

You can reach it here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/faq/

And if you want to report a bug, use this for example:

http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html

I would like to advise the translation or the update of existing
translations of the FAQ to translators reading this message.  It has
jumped more than two hundred and fifty revisions in the last few months,
so it definitely worth a look :)

Finally, I would like to say thank you to my reviewers, who supported my
efforts, reviewed and approved my patches without fear: Gabor Kovesdan,
Tom Rhodes, Remko Lodder and Daniel Gerzo.  I was also glad to have the
attention of Marc Fonvieille, Ceri Davies, Giorgos Keramidas, Manolis
Kiagias, Ivan Voras, John Baldwin, Thomas Abthorpe and Murray Stokely.
It has been a real pleasure to work together with these professionals, I
hope we can continue this cooperation.

Have a good time with the reborn FAQ!

:g