docs/125587: FAQ entry 5.13 -- adjustion is not an English word; tunable?

Mike Small smallm at panix.com
Mon Jul 14 03:20:02 UTC 2008

>Number:         125587
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       FAQ entry 5.13 -- adjustion is not an English word; tunable?
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
First of all, the second sentence in paragraph three of FAQ entry 5.13 uses the word "adjustion".  I don't believe this is a word in English.  Probably the word "adjustment" would be more suitable.

Secondly, the same paragraph also uses the word "tunable" as a noun.  Is this a term people use in BSD?  I mean, it's clear what's meant from the context, but using "variable" or "sysctl variable", as is done in the first paragraph, seems clearer and less strange to me.

Lastly, the word "in" is repeated: "If this tunable needs adjustion it needs to be defined in in /boot/loader.conf"
View http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/troubleshoot.html#PROC-TABLE-FULL