I found an erratum

Christian Brueffer brueffer at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 22 13:26:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 09:48:36PM +0900, Hiroshi Saeki wrote:
>   Hello,this mail is from Japan.
>   While I am reading /usr/share/doc/handbook/nutshell.html
> on my FreeBSD/i386 6.2-RELEASE system, I found an erratum.
> I don't intend to be offensive to who have written this
> article, but to contribute The FreeBSD Documentation
> Project.
>

> In
> "/usr/share/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/nutshell.html"
> [readonly]
> line 220 of 352 --62%-- col 86,
>
> "hood" should be "good".

Hi Hiroshi,

are you referring to the sentence "There is no better way of learning
about operating systems, computer architecture and networking than the
hands on, under the hood experience that FreeBSD can provide."?

If the answer is yes, then it's not a typo.  "under the hood" is a fixed
English expression, referring to the internals of something.  In this
case to the ability to actually take a look at the FreeBSD source code
and see what's going on.

Does that answer your email?  In any case, thank you for the report!

- Christian

--
Christian Brueffer	chris at unixpages.org	brueffer at FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc