FreeBSD System & Network Admin Guide

Marc Silver marcs at draenor.org
Fri Jan 4 15:25:13 UTC 2008

Hi there,

Information on configuring most of these services on FreeBSD can be found in the FreeBSD handbook.  You'll more than likely be interested in the 'Network Services' section, which can be found at http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-servers.html

That said, you will need to do a bit of research too, as the handbook cannot provide information for every type of configuration possible for each of these services.

Hope this helps,
Marc

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 12:45:44 +0530
"Dhanendar Reddy" <dhani at eicononline.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> This is Dhani,
> New i had installed FreeBSD. I need to Configure all the Network Services
> for me. Where can i get all Packages and How can i install and Configuration
> Steps.
> I have to Configur following Network Services:
> 1) DNS Server
> 2) Apache Web Server
> 3) sendmail OR qmail Server
> 3) FTP Server
> 4) Squid Proxy Server
> 5) NFS & SAMBA File Server
>
> So i want command line Steps for these configurations and i have to setup 3
> Domains on Webserver and sendmail OR qmail Server So how can i add Domain
> Setups on Apache & Domain setups & Create Mail Boxes diffrenet Email
> Accounts like: user2 at example.com...etc.
> Pls can u guide me .iam waiting for ur reply.
>
> Thanking u a Lot
> Dhani

Light up the Darkness.
  - Bob Marley