found ded link

Johann Kois jkois at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 8 17:05:09 UTC 2008

Leander S. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found a dead Link, or better said a link which is not providing what
> it's supposed to provid.
>

> I found it here:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/virtualization-guest.html
>

> on chapter:
>
> 21.2.2.2 FreeBSD 7-CURRENT domU
>

> The link:
>
> kernel-current

Hm.  I not involved in FreeBSD/Xen at all but

1.  the linked page is no official FreeBSD.org page so we could only
remove the link (if the file no longer exists which it does not).
2. According to http://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/Xen the developers of
FreeBSD/Xen are focusing on FreeBSD 8 (which is -CURRENT, as 7.0 is in
the release process these days).  So probably no Xen with 7.X.  But I
am not absolutely sure about that.

So maybe it is time to update this page of the handbook.  What do the
others think about that?  Should we simply point to the wiki entry for
FreeBSD/Xen?

--
jkois
jkois at FreeBSD.org