A question about update(I think it should be added to our faq).

Li fender0107401 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 03:46:41 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have a question about the base_system update, I have not found it in
the handbook or faq, and someone have asked it several times in
www.chinaunix.net freebsd forum.

Someone told me yes in freebsd official
forum:http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=1078

The question is:

If I update system from release_6.1 to release_7.0, whether I should
re-compile every ports use the "portupgrade -af" command.

Somebody told me "yes", "no" or "recommendatory", but they have not give
me any explanation, so I am confused about it.

Yesterday I asked it again in irc.freenode.net #bsdchat, somebody told
me "yes" and give me a explanation.

It is difficult to understand for me, something he said. But think he is
right.

I think it is a good question, we should add it to our faq or the
handbook.
							fender
--
Debian GNU/Linux + FreeBSD