Removing Vinum

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 24 09:02:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 12:53:42 -0800
"Murray Stokely" <murray at stokely.org> wrote:

> When was Vinum removed?  The man page documents the system on which it
> is installed, so should be removed when the application is removed.
> The docs on the website document any recent versions of FreeBSD that
> people might be running.  Was vinum on FreeBSD 5.x and 6.x?  If so it
> is too early to remove the separate article I think.

It's gone in CURRENT, RELENG_6, and RELENG_7 - I have it on a
5.5 machine at work, but not a 6.2-RELEASE.

So if we're still caring about 5 in the handbook, possibly
until there are no more 6.X releases, I can wait a few
more months.  ;)

FWIW, the vinum.4 manual page seems to be one of the only
remaining parts in CURRENT.

>             - Murray
>

> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Tom Rhodes <trhodes at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > So, should we cut the last bits of Vinum?  The userland stuff
> > was removed by Poul-Henning Kamp awhile ago, and I'm not sure why
> > vinum.4 was not removed, but that should be considering it now.
> >
> > This means we'll make the following changes:
> >
> > Remove:
> > vinum.4
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/vinum/index.html
> >
> > Cleanup: