translation to slovak

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 24 15:58:12 UTC 2008

Daniel Gerzo escribió:
> Hello Toth,
>
> Thursday, April 24, 2008, 9:19:29 AM, you wrote:
>

>> Hello to all in list,
>>

>>         i would like to become a transalator for freebsd documentation to
>> Slovak language. Can somebody interested give some more information?
>> Where and how to start?
>>

> It's great that you are interested in translating FreeBSD
> documentation into the Slovak language.
>
> I have tried to convince Slovak people to start with the translation
> in the past, however nothing has been really done as I didn't have
> enough time and other people weren't so interested as I did.
> I am still interested in this translation but I have even less time
> than before, so I won't be of much help. ;-(
>
> As a starting point I proposed to start with tramslation of the www/
> repository as that represents fewer work than the doc/ tree. The
> process isn't really that hard, it only requires time. You just need
> to become familiar with the sgml markup language and the build process
> (which is sometimes somewhat tricky :-)).
>
> If you have any specific questions, please drop me an email and we can
> talk about it in more details.

Welcome Toth,

it's a nice news that you are interested in launching a new translation.
Although I don't speak the Slovak language, I'm leading the Hungarian
Documentation Project and contributing to the Spanish one and I'm
generally interested in the translation projects. I'll help you with the
markup and the formal requirements of the translation. I also recommend
you to start out with the web pages. First, please take a look at this
document:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/index.html
For now, you will need the following chapters: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4.1 / 8 / 9 / 10.
The rest are not strictly necessary for the web sites.

If you are done and still interested, please drop me a mail and I'll
tell you some useful tips which I've ontained during working on the
Hungarian translation.

I'm looking forward to cooperate with you.

Regards,
Gábor Kövesdán