Q: Where do I get FreeBSD Handbook as PDF version?

Johann Kois jkois at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 30 14:28:07 UTC 2007

On Tuesday, 30 October 2007 07:38:34 Byung-Hee HWANG wrote:
> i wish to get handbook for study. where? and how? sorry for i'm newbie.
> please explain easily.. if i get the handbook, i'll study very hard!

As statet in the header of the online version of the handbook (under
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook)

"it may also be downloaded in a variety of formats and compression options
from the FreeBSD FTP server or one of the numerous mirror sites."

So for an english version of the handbook you would have to go to:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook

Alternatively you can use one of the many mirror servers for the download.
The links for the FTP server and the mirror server are provided in the header
of the online version of the handbook (see above).

Johann
jkois at FreeBSD.org