front page idea

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Tue Nov 20 20:00:05 UTC 2007

Deb Goodkin <deb at freebsd.org> wrote:

> They had suggested to either add a "Donate to the Foundation" or "Keep
> FreeBSD Free" button in a prominent spot on each page of the project.
> That would also create a connection between the two entities.

Given that FreeBSD is software I think it's misleading to call it
free without clarifying what kind of free your are talking about.

From the slogan "Keep FreeBSD Free" alone one could easily
assume you are talking about free as in freedom, while
FreeBSD contains parts that aren't Free Software and I
don't get the impression that the FreeBSD Foundation
is trying to change that.

Fabian