Chapter 21 Virtualization QEMU Section

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Tue May 15 06:29:13 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 07:38:36AM +0200, vermaden wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just read Chapter 21 Virtualization in FreeBSD Handbook and I would want to add QEMU section there while many people (including me) use it on FreeBSD boxes.
>
> Some time ago I have written a short article about using QEMU under FreeBSD and I think that it would be a good base for this chapter.
>
> Tell me what You think about that.
>
> If You would be interested, tell me what to do [sign in as a commiter for example etc.]
>
> vermaden

Hello!

I think a section about that would be greatly welcomed in real life examples and information.
Do you have a link so that we can review the article you wrote so that we might use that asa
a base to start this?

You do not have to be a committer to contribute though! Since we are a very open community
we can do all the committer stuff for you so that you can focus on the content itself which
makes something like this a joint effort in the user communities.

And if you contribute a lot; and "annoy" the committers; showing that you have gained the
knowledge and information needed to be a part of the team, you will eventually get "punished"
by getting a commit bit and initially a mentor assigned.

Thanks for the interest in helping out, we are waiting for more details to start working
on this.

Cheers,
remko

--
Kind regards,

     Remko Lodder               ** remko at elvandar.org
     FreeBSD                    ** remko at FreeBSD.org

     /* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */