The search box on www.freebsd.org..

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 10 17:26:16 UTC 2007

On 2007.05.10 11:46:56 -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> SUCKS/BLOWS CHUNKS/etc.
>
> Really, it's bad.  I just typed in 'logo' to find the page about logo usage,
> and it returned 0 results, not even http://www.freebsd.org/logo.html.  That's
> exceedingly lame.  Its worse than having no search box at all because people
> will try to _use_ it and then get frustrated.  It should either be killed, or
> it should be replaced with something that actually _works_ (probably it
> should make use of Y!, Google, or Rambler.ru something to do the search).

I think most people agree with that, the problem is that it takes some
time to get right and there currently aren't that many active doc
committers since they over time seem to gravitate towards src...

doc are unfortunatly not as good as src, and even more ports, at
getting new people.

--
Simon
Who is gravitated towards other things for a while....