Doubt on the information provided in freebsd.org website.

V.SriSaiGanesh sai.engrsai at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 15:36:12 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I was going through the Architecture Handbook(Link:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/boot-bios.html).
In this page they have mentioned following phrase "The very last thing in
the POST is the INT 0x19 instruction. That instruction reads 512 bytes from
the first sector of boot device into the memory at address 0x7c00". AFAIK
INT0x19 is a reboot service. So I got confused. Can somebody clarify my
doubt on INT0x19 (reboot or bootstraping)

Thanks and Regards,
SaiGanesh