Adding contribution to FreeBSD?

Marc Fonvieille blackend at freebsd.org
Mon Feb 12 20:57:48 UTC 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 09:08:04PM +0100, Dominique Goncalves wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2/12/07, Sylvain RICHAUD <srichaud at exaprobe.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >

> >I would like to afford my contribution to the french FREEBSD Project.
>
> I'd like too. I searched in freebsd.org on translation part but
> http://www.freebsd-fr.org/ is closed. Any news on this ? A TODO list
> would be great :-)

A little search would give you 2 available contacts: gioria at FreeBSD.org
and blackend at FreeBSD.org
Anyway, it's quite simple: pick a non-translated things (Handbook
chapter, article, another non-translated book), inform me about what
text you are currently working on and *please* do not give up without
contacting me.  In another words, think twice before starting something
you may not be able to finish.  I often get mail from people who want to
work on translation, I propose them an article or a chapter to work on,
they accept and they always disappear without any news.
Another thing, since it seems to be sometimes the reason why some people
want to contribute to translation, we cannot "pay" you, we have nothing
to offer beside the satisfaction of being able to help non-english
speaking people.

--
Marc