using rss on my site

Colin Percival cperciva at freebsd.org
Tue Feb 6 09:02:39 UTC 2007

Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> Sorry for not making myself clear, I wanted to
> know if texts of security advisories was in
> public domain, and it's copyright status if not.

As far as I'm concerned, security advisories are in the public domain as
far as copyright is concerned, but certain "moral rights" (e.g., the right
to not have someone mangle the advisories to make it look like we're saying
something which we didn't actually say) are retained.

Certainly as far as the original question goes, the answer is "feel free to
copy and redistribute FreeBSD security advisories on your web site".

Colin Percival