using rss on my site

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 2 19:19:44 UTC 2007

Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> On 2/2/07, Илья Иванов <peanky at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am using FreeBSD for a long time and I support a web site about
>> computer
>> security. I would like to use your RSS security advisories on my site to
>> invite more users to FreeBSD. Can I use it on my site?
>
> The RSS stream itself is more or less public domain. I'm
> not sure about the advisories (their text), though. Hope
> they are in public domain, too. Secteam CC'ed.

Hello I do not see a real reason why secteam@ is included
in the mailings, but the published RSS feeds can be used
by anyone. Personally I'd use the RSS feeds on my own
webpage to let our entries get more attention etc.

So by all means, please use it in the public domain to make
more people aware of the issue.

Cheerio,
remko

--
Kind regards,

      Remko Lodder               ** remko at elvandar.org
      FreeBSD                    ** remko at FreeBSD.org

      /* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */