Greek Translation

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 14 08:00:38 UTC 2007

On 2007-08-13 22:44, Remko Lodder <remko at freebsd.org> wrote:
>Laganakos Vassilis wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I would like to help for the Greek translation of FreeBSD
>> documentation.  What should I do? Is somebody working on
>> some parts already?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Vassilis
>
> hello,
> First of all thanks for the interest in helping out! I am sure that
> our friend Giorgos would like to explain the details on how you can
> contribute to the Greek Documentation.

Hi Vasili,

First of all my thanks too.  There is currently an ongoing 'project' to
translate the Handbook and other documentation.  I have uploaded a lot
of the current work at:

    http://hg.hellug.gr/freebsd/doc-el

and once we have reviewed the translated texts we have so far, we will
import the Greek text to FreeBSD's CVS repository.

We have a team of the following people working to translate the Handbook
now:

    Leonidas Tsampros
    Manolis Kiagias
    Nikos Kokkalis
    Vaggelis Typaldos

I'm glad that you want to help.  You can start by browsing the files
under the current translation tree:

    http://hg.hellug.gr/freebsd/doc-el/file/tip/el_GR.ISO8859-7/

There are still parts of the Handbook which are untranslated, so you can
pick any part you like and email me off-list that you are working on it.

For help with the SGML style of the docs, and the tools you may need to
build translated HTML versions of the doc/el_GR.ISO8859-7/ files, you
can read the "FreeBSD Documentation Project Primer for New Contributors"
at <http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/>.

Please feel free to email me with any more questions you have, and
thanks again for your offer to help :-)

- Giorgos