Handbook Question

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 13 10:14:48 UTC 2006

Chris wrote:
> In the 21.4.1 section of the handbook it gives:
>
> # make buildworld
> # make buildkernel
> # make installkernel
> # reboot
>
> should this read?
>
> # make buildworld
> # make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNELCONF
> # make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNELCONF
> # reboot
>
> Thank you
> Chris Pratt

Hello Chris,

No this does not imply that, however we can make it
optional since you can pass the arguments.  In a default
installation make buildkernel implies make buildkernel
KERNCONF=GENERIC (or the one that is set in /etc/make.conf)

I will try to look into this (but with current open issues
it might take a little, feel free to poke me anytime)

Cheers,
remko

--
Kind regards,

      Remko Lodder               ** remko at elvandar.org
      FreeBSD                    ** remko at FreeBSD.org

      /* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */