docs/105608: fdc(4) debugging description staled

Eugene Grosbein eugen at kuzbass.ru
Thu Nov 16 16:20:43 UTC 2006

>Number:         105608
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       fdc(4) debugging description staled
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD grosbein.pp.ru 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #23: Tue Nov 14 20:05:28 KRAT 2006 eu at grosbein.pp.ru:/mnt/home/obj/usr/local/src/sys/DADV i386

	fdc(4) manual page, NOTES and fdcontrol(8) manual page
	describe kernel option FDC_DEBUG that was removed by phk
	2 years ago with the exception of pc98 architecture.

	OTOH, the kernel tunnable debug.fdc.debugflags is not documented.
	By the way, I think it should be made loader tunnable also
	to deal with boot-time problems.

>How-To-Repeat:

	Try to find FDC_DEBUG in modern FreeBSD/i386

>Fix:

	Just remove FDC_DEBUG from mentioned manuals and NOTES.