ndisgen instead of ndiscvt in freebsd handbook

Alexander Sashurin sashome at m-lan.ru
Sat Nov 11 21:19:56 UTC 2006

*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(r) Pro*
Hello!
In handbook it is described how to build ndis-drivers for wireless cards
with
ndiscvt -i *.inf -s *.sys -o ndis_driver_data.h

but in modern freebsd6.x this method doesn't work! I suppose it would be better to change it to using this scenario:

It's supposed that you again have windows driver files...
   ndisgen
   ... here we are answering interactive questions and get tnet1130_sys.ko on output ...
   cp tnet1130_sys.ko /boot/kernel/
   kldload ndis
   kldload if_ndis
   kldload tnet1130_sys

And it really works! so...

--
With best regards,
	Alexander Sashurin a.k.a. ZetRooT or WinterSilence