about 26.6 IPFW

info at bozza.ru info at bozza.ru
Thu Nov 9 13:44:32 UTC 2006

Hallo!

I'm Ilya, from Russia

I have small question about the page http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls-ipfw.html:

I preferred this manual and always use it as a basic step.

I use config like the example in Example Ruleset #2 at the end of the page,
but it doesn't work without:

1. in /etc/rc.conf:
       firewall_type="/usr/local/etc/firewall.conf"

       /usr/local/etc/firewall.conf:

             #xl1 - outside interface
             #xl0 - inner interface
             add allow ip from any to any via lo0
             add deny ip from any to 127.0.0.0/8
             add deny ip from 127.0.0.0/8 to any
             add divert natd all from any to any via xl1
             add allow all from any to any

I don't know, but may be it is needing to add on this manual?

С уважением,
Иванов Илья
email: info at bozza.ru