docs/104403: man security should mention that the usage of the X Window Systen is only possible with kern.securitylevel=-1

Sam Lawrance lawrance at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 5 13:30:29 UTC 2006

The following reply was made to PR docs/104403; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sam Lawrance <lawrance at FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org,
 waldeck at gmx.de
Subject: Re: docs/104403: man security should mention that the usage of the X Window Systen is only possible with kern.securitylevel=-1
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 00:29:18 +1100

 I don't think the security manpage is the right place for this.
 Raising securelevel can prevent a lot of things from working, but we
 can't try to document them all in the manpage.  This issue is already
 mentioned in the FAQ; maybe a mention in the "X Window System"
 section of the handbook is worth considering.