FreeBSD Handbook

Yavor Yavor at Bulgaria.com
Wed May 31 11:58:50 UTC 2006

Hello,

My name is Yavor and I am writing in order to make suggestion regarding
FreeBSD Handbook.

In

Chapter 2 Installing FreeBSD

2.2.3.1 Disk Layouts for the i386™

it is written:

You can use a commercial tool such as PartitionMagic® to resize your
partitions to make space for FreeBSD. The tools directory on the CDROM
contains two free software tools which can carry out this task, namely
FIPS and PResizer. Documentation for both of these is available in the
same directory. FIPS, PResizer, and PartitionMagic can resize FAT16 and
FAT32 partitions -- used in MS-DOS® through Windows ME. PartitionMagic
is the only one of the above applications that can resize NTFS partitions.

I have used gparted to resize NTFS partitions successfully. It is a free
live cd, which can be used to manipulate hard disk and can be downloaded
from http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

Best regards,
Yavor