Need a little bit of help by a doc committer

Sat May 27 09:26:01 UTC 2006

Hi,

yesterday I committed  /usr/src/sys/doc/subsys/, it allows to generate
API docs for kernel subsystems. It uses doxygen
(http://www.doxygen.org/) to generate it based upon special comments in
the source.

The generated docs can by of any style like
    http://kdevelop.org/HEAD/doc/api/html/
or
    http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/apiDocs/index.html

The final goal is to generate docs which fit the style of our webpage
so that we can put it online (if we want to). For this purpose doxygen
has HTML_HEADER, HTML_FOOTER and HTML_STYLESHEET configuration options
(in sys/doc/subsys/common-Doxyfile).

Anyone out there who is willing to give this a try? You just need to
install devel/doxygen and graphics/graphviz. Then go
to /usr/src/sys/doc/subsys/ and run "make dev_pci". This will create a
dev_pci/html directory with the generated docs for the pci subsystem.

On a related topic:

Currently the docs are created in OBJDIR, so it's either the source
directory as explained above, or in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/doc/subsys/
(depending on your directory layout and if you use symlinks or not),
but in case we want them online we want them in a place where our other
docs are generated.

Where should the generated docs be put in case we want to have them
online, in /usr/doc/kernelapi/?

Bye,
Alexander.

P.S.: please CC me, I'm not subscribed.
--
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen