Broken link in FreeBSD-6.1 Release Notes page

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Mon May 15 01:25:52 UTC 2006

If memory serves me right, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> Hello,
>      The link at page "http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.1R/relnotes-i386.html" > 2.2.2.2
>      Network Interface Support > bce(4) appears broken?
>
> The resulting page you get when clicking on that link takes you to:
> "http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=bce&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+6.1-RELEASE", the
> content of which states: "Sorry, no data found for `bce(4)'.
> You may look for other FreeBSD Search Services."
>
> Is this expected?

No, it's not.  One of the steps in updating the Web site for a release
is to get a copy of that releases manpages on the Web server, as well as
updating man.cgi so that it knows how to find them.

I've put in a quasi-hack that fixes up at least some of the links by
pointing at an old RELENG_6 snapshot (unfortunately, this doesn't fix
the bce(4) link you mentioned).

I'll give re@ and doceng@ a poke to see if they can finish this off (or
if they want me to give it a try, I think I remember how this is done).

Bruce.