docs/94587: Error in ftpusers(5) manpage

Daniel Gerzo danger at rulez.sk
Fri Mar 17 10:20:18 UTC 2006

The following reply was made to PR docs/94587; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Gerzo <danger at rulez.sk>
To: Martin Nilsson <martin at gneto.com>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re[2]: docs/94587: Error in ftpusers(5) manpage
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:13:31 +0100

 Hello Martin,

 Friday, March 17, 2006, 10:30:27 AM, you wrote:

 > The following reply was made to PR docs/94587; it has been noted by GNATS.

 >   > Hello,
 >   >
 >   >    The diff is included, thank you for your report!
 >
 >  There is another one in: man 5 ftpd.conf
 >
 >  FILES
 >        /etc/ftpd.conf                      This file.
 >        /usr/share/examples/ftpd/ftpd.conf  A sample ftpd.conf file.
 >
 >  The sample file is completely missing, it's not even present in the source.

 I would say, it's because the ftpd.conf is not part of our native
 ftpd(8) implementation and is part of lukemftpd from NetBSD which is
 contributed software. That software doesn't include the sample config
 file and that's why it isn't there. Also, we don't update manual pages
 from contrib/ directory. You should probably go to NetBSD maintainers
 and ask them to fix it, so it will be fixed in our tree on next
 import.

 --
 Best regards,
  Daniel Gerzo                          mailto:danger at rulez.sk