disk Handbook chapter, backups, and MINI kernel

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Sun Jun 18 23:08:50 UTC 2006

Colleagues,

in process of trhodes' 4.X handbook cleanup I found the following:

MINI kernel config in disks chapter is seriously out of date. I'd tried to
bring it up to date (attached), but even after this kernel is about 2.4 M in
size, hence useless for floppy boot. Disabling SCSI and enabling ata/atadisk
does not help much - 2.1M

I suppose the whole process should be reorganized to CD/PXE boot standard fixit
media which does not suffer from such space restrictions, allows module

Sincerely,
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck at rinet.ru ***