docs/98737: diff for mirrors.xml (add new ukrainian mirrors and remove broken)

Alex Samorukov samm at os2.kiev.ua
Fri Jun 9 13:00:44 UTC 2006

The following reply was made to PR docs/98737; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alex Samorukov <samm at os2.kiev.ua>
To: Maxim Konovalov <maxim at macomnet.ru>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: docs/98737: diff for mirrors.xml (add new ukrainian mirrors and
 remove broken)
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:59:46 +0300

 Maxim Konovalov wrote:
 >> http://mainroad.org.ua/ruftp/ and then to
 >> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors-ftp.html#HANDBOOK-MIRRORS-CHAPTER-SGML-MIRRORS-RU-FTP
 >>

 > Nice chart.  Btw Jun Kuriyama has something similar:
 >
 > http://people.freebsd.org/~kuriyama/mirrors/

 Interesting project.  I also created page for ukrainian  mirrors -
 http://samm.kiev.ua/uaftp/. Now i`m thinking about nagios based system
 for mirror monitoring, but i`m sure that there is no sense to make a
 collector outside country with mirror servers.

 >> ftp1 is delisted, and ftp5 does not allow anonymous ftp connections.
 >>

 > Yes, that's because ftp1.ru == ftp.ru, and I'm under impression Igor
 > Timkin just doesn't want to list it twice.

 Yes, really. IP addresses are not the same, so my robot fail to
 recognize an alias )
 > IIRC that was me who added ftp5.ru and I'll try to find its maintainer
 > email address.  I have mostly idle ftp.mtu.ru so I could take ftp5.ru
 > over.  Thanks for the report!

 Not for at all. BTW, http part of the mirror work just fine.

 --
 Best regards,
 Alex Samorukov, SAMM1-RIPE