Thanks and Possible Erratum

yard-ape at telus.net yard-ape at telus.net
Mon Jul 24 18:13:13 UTC 2006

Thanks for the tremendous documentation of the FreeBSD Handbook!  I'm new to FreeBSD (from Linux and Plan9), and I consider this "total operating system" documentation of yours a huge benefit.

A possible error under section 8.3 "Building and Installing a Custom Kernel": in the instructions on installing the source form the command line, it says:

# ln -s /usr/src/sys /sys
# cat /cdrom/src/ssys.[a-d]* | tar -xzvf -

Next, move to the arch/conf directory...

Isn't there a "cd /" missing between the "ln" and the "cat" commands?

-Derek Thomas