cvs commit: www/share/sgml includes.navdevelopers.sgml

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 23 19:05:05 UTC 2006

Joel Dahl <joel at freebsd.org> wrote
  in <1140717189.681.22.camel at dude.automatvapen.se>:

jo> Please answer this question:  Why should we hide this information?

 I think murray does not say all of the information in the
 internal/* pages should be hidden.  Some are useful, but some are not
 maintained well and misleading for the wider audience.
 So, blindly making all of them more visible does not sound reasonable
 to me.  Although they are already accessible, but it does not always
 mean they need more visibility.  If there is useful information,
 it is better to reorganize and put them to areas outside the internal/
 directory.

 At least, making a link to the pages and marking them as "internal"
 in more public areas like the side navigation menu is very
 confusing (what is "internal"?) and the current contents under
 the internal/ directory are not ready for non-developer audience (outdated
 and/or not well structured).  If you have a plan to improve the contents,
 could you please show us your thoughts first before making them more
 accessible?  I personally think such useful materials should be
 integrated into Committer's Guide or so, though...