HEADSUP: Release notes reorganization committed

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Wed Dec 6 18:48:43 UTC 2006

FYI, I committed my release notes reorganization this morning to HEAD.
Parties with an interest in helping maintain the release notes will want
to update their sources before making further changes.

Translation teams:  The change isn't nearly as scary as it sounds; I
just requested a repo-copy of relnotes/common/new.sgml into
relnotes/article.sgml and added other bits to make the new file a
complete DocBook article.  I then changed all of the "arch=" attributes
into real, inline text.  The remaining changes are all Makefile goop.

At this point I have no plans to MFC this change but I'd be open to
discussing it.

Next, to think about how to do a similar change for the hardware notes.

Bruce.