RFC: Release notes rearrangement

Christian Brueffer chris at unixpages.org
Mon Dec 4 21:42:43 UTC 2006

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 03:52:30PM -0800, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> If memory serves me right, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> > If memory serves me right, Christian Brueffer wrote:
> >
> >> Ok, I assume you have a prototype in the works.  When that's out, we can
> >> still decide whether or not this is an issue.  Let's see how it looks :-)
> >
> > Well I didn't at the time but I threw something together (this took
> > about 30 minutes).  Sources, based on HEAD from today:
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~bmah/relnotes2.tar.gz
> >
> > (Untar this into src/release/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/ on a HEAD machine, so
> > that it's a sibling of the existing relnotes directory.)
> >
> > PDF rendering:
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~bmah/relnotes2.pdf
> >
> > I might want to entity-ize the names of architectures and sort them into
> > some consistent order, but this is roughly what I'd expect it to look like.
>
> Any thoughts?  There is no particular deadline for this work but I'd
> like to do this before I forget about it.  :-)

I like it.  Although I find those [amd64] etc entries midway through the
sections still somewhat annoying, I don't have a good suggestion on how
to improve this.  Afterall there are entries that apply to multiple
archs and moving them all to the end of the sections would still look
kind of bad.

- Christian

--
Christian Brueffer	chris at unixpages.org	brueffer at FreeBSD.org